- June 27, 2018
- Posted by: Rogers Property Group
- Categories: Australian Property Market, International Property Market, Latest News, Queensland Property News
While not really related to residential property investment, I read a fascinating article that was posted by lovemoney.com. The article gives us the holdings of Australia’s top 50 land holders in Australia.
I am sure you will agree that some of the land holdings is mind boggling. All are the size of some small countries.
5. MacLachlan Family – 5.75 million hectares or over 14 million acres
4. Joe Lewis and Co – 7 million hectares or over 17.2 million acres
3. Gina Rinehart – 12.2 million hectares or over 30 million acres (the largest private holding)
2. Australian State – 52 million hectares or over 128 million acres
1. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities – 109.5 million hectares or over 270 million acres